The Eugene Figure Drawing Group meets in 2 locations every week in Eugene, Oregon to work from the nude figure in a friendly yet professional environment.
If you have any questions, please use the Contact form to submit them to facilitator Will Mitchell, and I’ll get right back to you.
- Every Tuesday evening, 6:00 to 9:00.
- Alluvium, 810 W. 3rd Avenue, on the corner of Monroe Street.
- Limited parking in church lot, otherwise on the street.
- $8 drop-in, or $60 prepay for 10 sessions. Payment by cash, or check (sorry, no credit card).
- We do just 2 poses, switching back and forth between each.
The multipurpose space has a raised area for the model with artists in a semi-circle. We use 2 spotlights to illuminate the model. There are easels, benches, and individual tables, and drawing boards are available. The studio is temperature-controlled for all seasons.
We prefer no turps or smelly solvents. Gamsol is okay.
New Zone Gallery
- Every Wednesday evening, 6:15 to 9:00.
- New Zone Gallery, 110 E. 11th Avenue, corner of Oak Street
- Street parking is free from 6:00 on. 11th Avenue runs one way westward, and Oak runs one way northward.
- $8 drop-in, or $60 pre-paid for 10 sessions. Cash, card, or check.
- We do a short to long pose format – 2 minute, 5 minute, 10 minute, then 20, and one 25 minute pose at the end.
Both groups are very democratic. Your opinions regarding the type and gender, the timing of poses, or the set up of the studio space are respected and accommodated for where possible.
Will Mitchell holds a Master’s in painting from the Victorian College of the Arts, Melbourne, Australia. In addition to painting in oils, acrylics, and watercolors, he has been drawing the figure for over 40 years. Will brings his experience as a yoga therapist to his understanding and appreciation of the figure in art.