The Eugene Figure Drawing Group meets in 3 locations every week in Eugene, Oregon to work from the nude figure in a friendly yet professional environment.
If you have any questions, please use the Contact form to submit them to facilitator Will Mitchell, and I’ll get right back to you.
- Every Tuesday evening, 6:00 to 9:00.
- Alluvium, 810 W. 3rd Avenue, on the corner of Monroe Street.
- Limited parking in church lot, otherwise on the street.
- $8 drop-in, or $60 prepay for 10 sessions. Payment by cash, or check (sorry, no credit card).
- We do just 2 poses, switching back and forth between each.
The multipurpose space has a raised area for the model with artists in a semi-circle. We use 2 spotlights to illuminate the model. There are easels, benches, and individual tables, and drawing boards are available. The studio is temperature-controlled for all seasons.
We prefer no turps or smelly solvents. Gamsol is okay.
New Zone Gallery
- Every Wednesday evening, 6:15 to 9:00.
- New Zone Gallery, 110 E. 11th Avenue, corner of Oak Street
- Street parking is free from 6:00 on. 11th Avenue runs one way westward, and Oak runs one way northward.
- $8 drop-in, or $60 pre-paid for 10 sessions. Cash, card, or check.
- We do a short to long pose format – 2 minute, 5 minute, 10 minute, then 20, and one 25 minute pose at the end.
Lane Community College
- Saturdays 10:00 to 1:00
- Art Department Studios, Building 10, Room 220. Free parking.
- Easels, benches, chairs, and a few tables.
- $8 drop-in or prepay $60 for 10 sessions (punch card system). Length of pose varies. Drawing studio with dais in center of room.
Directions: You can come by Hilyard Street and turn onto E. 30th, or take Hwy 5 South to Exit 189, and turn right onto E. 30th.
From E. 30th Ave, turn onto Eldon Schafer Dr. (there’s a traffic light for this turn). Follow the drive all the way to Parking Lot M. You’ll see Building 10. From the parking lot, walk down the long, steep steps to enter the first door you see in Building 10. Go upstairs to Room 220.
* * * * *
All three groups are very democratic. Your opinions regarding the type and gender, the timing of poses, or the set up of the studio space are respected and accommodated for where possible.
Will Mitchell holds a Master’s in painting from the Victorian College of the Arts, Melbourne, Australia. In addition to painting in oils, acrylics, and watercolors, he has been drawing the figure for over 40 years. Will brings his experience as a yoga therapist to his understanding and appreciation of the figure in art.