The Eugene Figure Drawing Group meets weekly in Eugene, Oregon to work from the nude figure in a friendly yet professional environment.
If you have any questions, please use the Contact form to submit them to facilitator Will Mitchell, and I’ll get right back to you.
When, where and how much
- Every Tuesday evening, 6:00 to 9:00
- New Zone Gallery, 22 W. 7th Avenue, opposite the Hult Center.
- Free parking in Parcade Garage above the gallery, entrances off 7th Ave, and 8th Ave. The first hour is free, and the garage is free from 6:00 pm on.
- $8 drop-in, or $60 prepay for 10 sessions. Payment by cash, check, or credit card.
The multipurpose space has a raised dais for the model with artists in a semi-circle. We use a single spotlight to illuminate the model. There are easels, benches, and tables, and drawing boards are available. The studio is temperature-controlled for all seasons.
Artists often bring refreshments to share during the breaks.
We prefer no turps or smelly solvents. Gamsol is okay.
- Two long poses, switching back and forth between each over the 3 hour session. There will be 2 ten minute breaks.
- Format: 6:00-6:05 setup pose #1
- 6:05-6:25 pose #1 – 20 minutes
- 6:25-6:30 setup pose #2
- 6:30-6:50 pose #2 – 20 minutes
- 6:50-7:00 BREAK 10 minutes
- 7:00-7:20 pose #1 – 20 minutes
- 7:20-7:25 setup pose #2
- 7:25-7:45 pose #2 – 20 minutes
- 7:45-7:55 BREAK 10 minutes
- 7:55-8:25 pose #1 – 30 minutes
- 8:25-8:30 setup pose #2
- 8:30-9:00 pose #2 – 30 minutes
This is a very democratic group. Your opinions regarding the type and gender, the timing of poses, or the set up of the studio space are respected and accommodated for where possible.
Will Mitchell holds a Master’s in painting from the Victorian College of the Arts, Melbourne, Australia. In addition to painting in oils and acrylics, he has been drawing the figure for over 40 years. Will brings his experience as a yoga therapist to his understanding and appreciation of the figure in art.